Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Breezy Little Post

This is simply a breezy little post to check in and say hello, written in snatched moments between my day-time job, and sleeping (really, time when I should be sewing).  

Our local steampunk community's Second Annual Brass in the Grass picnic in Queen Elizabeth Park is taking place on Saturday July 20 (open to all- we're a friendly, goofy, costume-crazy bunch - details are here if you're interested), and of course, true to form, I am frantically doing last minute sewing in preparation.  Of course I had to have a Gibson-styled blouse.  Of course I have no skills at setting collars, cuffs or sleeves.  Of course this process involves considerable swearing, lots of unpicking of stitches, and considerable longing glances at the bottles of wine in the rack.  

Am I the only one who does this last minute sewing?  I didn't used to be that person, back in my old Society for Creative Anachronism days.   And what is it with suddenly coming up with at least one other great "wow I should do this" idea, at the peak of the rushed insanity of last-minute sewing?  (Today's inspiration came while in Dressew buying ribbon, of "ooh I should make a cool picnic sheet for steampunk picnics" and resulted in me buying cheap cream & grey striped fabric and rug-binding.)  Truly.  I think I have a disease.  Some crazy-sewing-lady disease.

Ah well, it will go nicely with my crazy-organizer-lady disorder, jittery-jewelry-maker malady and compulsive-event-creator syndrome.

On that note, I'm off to consider doing just a touch more sewing before I go to bed.  Oh right.  I have to work in the morning.  Perhaps, not.

No comments:

Post a Comment